Friday, August 3, 2012

A Bit Later...

"Thus Wendy and John and Michael found the window open for them after all, which of course was more than they deserved. They alighted on the floor, quite unashamed of themselves, and the youngest one had already forgotten his home. 'John,' he said, looking around him doubtfully, 'I think I have been here before.'"
--From Peter Pan, by J. M. Barrie

I've been back for a little over a week now, and I'm settling back into my routine. Though I see my home through new eyes. I'm thrilled every time I see the Olympic mountain range backlit by a sunset, or gaze out over Lake Washington. I'm so very grateful to be home. But every time I turn on the Olympics I'm reminded visually of the skyline I saw so frequently just a short time ago. I was very lucky to call it home even for just a little while.

I've created a Glog of a rainy day scavenger hunt. It includes images of some of my favorite things in London. Can you identify each one and its location? Click on the images to learn more about them! Perhaps you'll see them on your next trip to London. And remember to pack an umbrella!


No comments:

Post a Comment